About ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training
ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training courses for schools and early childhood education/care (ecec) have been developed by the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA), the peak professional body in Australasia for allergy and clinical immunology.
These courses were first developed by ASCIA in 2010, to provide ready access to reliable and consistent anaphylaxis education throughout Australia and New Zealand, at no charge.
Development and regular updating of ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training requires extensive review and consultation with ASCIA members as well as representatives from schools, ecec services, education departments, health departments and patient support organisations throughout Australasia.
ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training courses for schools and ecec have been updated in January 2020 (Version 7.0) to include the following updates that have been made to ASCIA Action Plans:
- The weight range for adrenaline autoinjectors (150 mcg) has changed from 10-20kg to 7.5-20kg, to be consistent with ASCIA Guidelines and consensus expert opinion.
- The section for the doctor or nurse practitioner to complete In the RED and GREEN plans is more detailed and clearer.
- The ORANGE plan (used mostly as a poster) has a new title “ASCIA First Aid Plan for Anaphylaxis” and translated versions of this plan are available on the ASCIA website.
- A username and password must be obtained from the e-training website registration process to participate in a course.
- Course participants should read each module carefully then complete the quiz. You must get each question correct before you can move onto the next module. Feedback will be provided after answering each question correctly.
- Modules may only be completed in order.
- Upon successful completion of the course (by achieving at least 80% in the final assessment module quiz) each participant will have access to a Certificate of Completion. The certificate is available as a PDF file for print or saving as required. Each certificate contains a unique QR code that verifies the course participant and result.
- It is recommended the modules are completed within a two week period.